With Fathers Day just around the corner, Scotland’s Cameron House Hotel has unveiled a series of experiences to celebrate dads and father figures this weekend. Last week TLE were kindly asked along to enjoy a 5-star spa day and lunch which you can read more about and discover why the hotel makes the ideal treat for dads.
About Cameron House Hotel
Set within 400 acres of majestic countryside, Cameron House is not only one of the best luxury hotels in Scotland, if not the UK, it also boasts breathtaking 360-degree views of the Scottish landscape and a stay here opens the doors for you to enjoy some of the best adventure sporting activities on offer in Scotland. Enjoy scenic bike hire trails, falconry experiences, pony treks, clay pigeon shooting, 4×4 off-road driving adventures, Segway safaris, as well as many picturesque walks and hikes curated by the hotel’s leisure and events team. Activities have been created with guests, locals and groups in mind, meaning each experience is perfect solo, with a partner, with your family and as part of a group. Combine this with award-winning dining options and incredible luxury suites in the hotel’s ‘Auld House’ and you have the perfect combination for an unforgettable hotel stay in the heart of Scotland.
Read the full hotel review of Cameron House here
Our Spa Experience
The spa is located at The Cameron Club which is a short car journey from the main hotel complex. We arrived at 12pm and were checked in, given towels, robes and flip-flops and lead upstairs to the main spa floor and shown into the changing rooms. The spa experience takes around 2 hours to complete, and if you add on massages or other treatments it would take around 3 hours.
The spa offers a wide variety of treatments, and packages using ESPA and Made for Life Organics products, and the state-of-the-art spa facilities mean there is something for everyone. You can see the full list of spa treatments here.
Set over three floors we started on the middle floor which offers a sensory thermal water journey complete with a hydro pool, experience showers and various different heated dry and wet chambers, including a Tepidarium, Caldariu, Sauna, and Infrared Suna, Hammam and Aromatherapy room which you progressively work your way around.
After a very relaxing hour, we made our way down to the ground floor which is where the 20m pool is as well as another jacuzzi.
Following a swim, we made our way up to the rooftop and this is the pise de resistance of the spa – The rooftop infinity pool, where you can sit in the heated pool, turn on the bubbles and relax in the warm waters looking out to views over the golf course and beautiful Scottish scenery beyond that it really is a magical experience.
Time flies when you are relaxing and before we knew it, it was time for lunch! So we made our way to the Café Spa which you can access from the ground floor of the spa.
The cafe spa menu offers a condensed selection of tasty options which are suitable for vegetarians as well.
We started with the soup of the day, which was a gloriously rich tomato soup.
We then moved into mains, I went for the risotto and my dad had the salmon. Both of which were incredibly delicious.
Now we were told by the waitress you can’t come to the cafe and not have the Cameron House frozen hot chocolate and wow was she right. This was one of the best desserts I have had for a while. rich and indulgent this heavy chocolate dessert is a cross between ice cream and a cake and to top it off a generous portion of hot chocolate sauce accompanies it for anyone with an extra sweet tooth.
We complimented t with a Sticky Toffee Pudding and ice cream which you can’t go wrong with!
After that, we sat back with a coffee and thought about what a great day we had just had!
All Fathers Day Activities
We experienced their spa day with lunch, but the hotel has created a range of fathers day experiences taking in different aspects of the hotel’s exciting offerings. You can see the additional packages below.
- Whisky Tasting Experience – Enjoy a classic whisky tasting in the exceptional Great Scots Bar. Surrounded by famous Scots past and present who adorn the walls, the expert bar team will take guests through a tasting to uncover the breadth of flavour from the five distilling regions of Scotland, explaining the heritage, craftsmanship and flavour profile behind each dram (from £65PP).
- Craft Beer or Cocktail Experience – Alternatively, enjoy craft beer tastings in The Tavern Bar sampling the latest and greatest from Scottish and UK breweries (from £25PP), or shake up a serve with dad at a Cocktail Masterclass in the stunning Lobby Bar, where guests will learn how to make three signature cocktails from its grand marble-top bar (from £65PP).
- Father’s Day Dining – Overlooking the marina and Loch Lomond, the Boat House restaurant is offering incredible views with a showstopping Father’s Day seafood platter for all the family, inspired by the best local and freshest seasonal produce from Scotland’s shores (from £120 for two). Or enjoy a charming get-together at the heart of the hotel in the Cameron Grill for a Tomahawk steak dining experience; a tender cut served with confit tomatoes, mushrooms, and a choice of sauce and French fries (from £35 supplement).
- Father’s Day Golf – Tee off and enjoy a round on the resort’s Championship golf course, the Carrick. Surrounded by 400 acres of beautiful Scottish countryside, it’s a memorable experience for golfers of all abilities (from £45PP). Afterwards, head to The Clubhouse for a hearty Father’s Day special platter including honey glazed loin bacon, charred chicken & pepper skewers, Cumberland sausage, grilled corn, fried egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and potato wedges (from £20PP).
- Activities packages – For thrill-seeking or adventure-loving dads, Cameron House provides the perfect base for a full day of activities. From jet ski hire, kayaking and paddleboarding, to 4×4 trips into the Scottish glens and clay pigeon shooting, to walking and cycling tours of the local area. The resort has a dedicated team to help find the perfect getaway (prices start from £30 per adult and £20 per child).
So why not treat your dad to a luxurious stay this Father’s Day? With stunning views, sumptuous beds, and tasteful decor, it’s sure to be a Father’s Day he won’t soon forget. Prices start at just £430 per night.
To find out more visit: www.cameronhouse.co.uk/offers/fathers-day.